Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Satisfying Sanctification

(January 18, 2010)
As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
Psalm 17:15
Christ's righteousness imputed to us and our sin imputed to Christ is a truth to ponder and praise God for! David knows that it is only in righteousness that anyone can behold God's face–and our self-produced "righteousness" is like filthy rags in God's eyes. So the only righteousness he can be referring to is an alien righteousness outside of his own.
I love David's eagerness to wake up with the thought of being sanctified–marveling in Christ's finished work of justification. And he mentioned he is satisfied with being sanctified.
So many times I get frustrated in the sanctification process! I cry out:
O God! Take me home now!
But I wonder if David's satisfaction in sanctification derives from this reality:
Our imperfections glorify Jesus' perfection and power at work in us.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that we're all works in progress is indeed beautiful. I think I'd be depressed if sanctification was a static thing.

    ReplyDelete